We know that for dog lovers, pets are a full-on member of the family! So when you’re planning a family trip to Arroyo Grande, California, you’d better bring ’em along. If you’re planning to travel with your dog, this charming small town has plenty of options for you to explore. From pet-friendly hotels to dog-friendly restaurants, parks and beaches, your four-legged friend will have just as much fun as you.
When it comes to pet-friendly hotels, Arroyo Grande has several options to choose from:
- The Best Western Casa Grande Inn is a historic hotel with a Mission-style design. It features dog-friendly rooms and a garden atrium where your pet can get some fresh air. The pet rate is $20 per day with a maximum of $100.
- The Pismo View Inn offers a modern feel and a beautiful view of neighboring town Pismo Beach. The hotel is pet-friendly and only a few minutes away from both the beach and the heart of downtown Arroyo Grande. The pet rate is $25 per pet per day.
- The Agrarian Hotel is another pet-friendly option in the heart of Arroyo Grande’s historic Village, a walkable old-school downtown that’s also got lots of great dog-friendly eateries. The pet friendly rate is $40 per pet per night. This boutique hotel is Cal-Green certified and features many environmentally friendly features, including solar panels.
Restaurants & Breweries
Want to grab a bite to eat with your pup in tow? Arroyo Grande has plenty of options for you to choose from:
- Rooster Creek Tavern is a full-service restaurant with a modern bar, offering a variety of food for a comfortable, family-friendly atmosphere. The restaurant has outdoor patio dining, great for bringing your dog to brunch!
- Humdinger Brewing is an independent craft brewery with a constantly changing beer menu that pairs perfectly with all the savory foods available on the menu. The restaurant offers vegetarian and vegan options for burgers and tacos, and their patio seating is perfect for humans and dogs alike.
- Sidewalk Cafe is a local family-owned and operated restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and early dinner. The large outdoor patio overlooks the street and is the perfect spot to grab a bite with your pup.
- Frutiland La Casa Del Sabor is perfect for perros, as it’s a small walk-up restaurant with all outdoor seating. And the tacos? Delicioso. Don’t skip the aguas frescas!
- Talley Vineyards invites you to bring your pup along for wine tasting at their scenic vineyard and tasting room. Talley has several outdoor picnic areas and courtyards where dogs on leash are welcome.
Parks, Trails & Beaches
Arroyo Grande has several parks and trails that are perfect for exploring with your furry friend:
- Lopez Lake is a fantastic choice for an invigorating camping trip or a leisurely hike. With 22 miles of shoreline, Lake Lopez provides an idyllic setting for a day of picnicking, biking, birdwatching and countless other outdoor adventures guaranteed to make any dog feel like the world is at their paws.
- For something less rustic, Elm Street Park on Grand Avenue offers a more social venue: a nicely appointed off-leash dog park with areas for both large and small pups. The park also has wide open green commons, inclusive playground equipment, picnic tables and more, and it’s also adjacent to a sports center with tennis and pickleball courts.
- The Oceano Dunes and Oceano Beach areas just a few minutes from Arroyo Grande are super popular among local dog lovers for a place to play in the sand and waves. Dogs are welcome here on a leash, and the views of this unique dunescape butting up to the ocean are just spectacular!
- Arroyo Grande is also just a short drive from several other popular beaches: Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, Avila Beach, Morro Bay and more. Most areas are dog-friendly but leashes are required. And don’t forget your waste bags!
Arroyo Grande’s welcoming charm makes it a perfect destination for pet-friendly travel. Explore your hotel options and book your stay with us soon!