The Arroyo Grande Valley American Viticultural Area (AVA) is one of San Luis Obispo County’s five distinct AVAs, including Edna Valley, York Mountain, Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo Coast. Among the five AVAs, the Arroyo Grande Valley is situated furthest south in San Luis Obispo County. This region primarily cultivates Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes, while also gaining recognition for their Zinfandel and Syrah varietals. Click here to read more about Arroyo Grande wineries practicing sustainability.
Visit Local Wineries
- Center of Effort is a family-owned estate vineyard and winery, with a tasting facility featuring vineyard views and clean, contemporary architecture. Winemaker Nathan Carlson has been with the winery for over a decade focusing on Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Chenin Blanc.
- Kynsi Winery is a family run operation focused on producing distinguished wines in limited production. Located on a historic ranch, the winery and tasting room reside in an old dairy and is open by appointment only. Taste handcrafted wines, including Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Syrah and unique red blends.
- Peacock Cellars is a boutique winery named after the winemakers wife’s maiden name and farm. Visit their tasting room and farmstead on Los Berros Road. They also offer displays of fresh produce, baked goods, gifts, homemade jams, canned fruit and more. With limited production, their focus is on varietals like Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Chardonnay.
- Experience the legacy of Talley Vineyards, a family-owned winery since 1986 that specializes in estate-grown Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Enjoy a wine tasting flight in the newly renovated wine tasting room with views of the vineyard and working family farm or sit outdoors. Elevate the experience with a guided tour.
- Timbre Winery (pronounced TAM·ber or TIM·ber) was founded by winemaker Joshua Klapper in 2016. The winery is committed to sustainable practices in its vineyard and product sourcing, as well as its production. Varieties range from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon to Rhones, Riesling and more. Sit outback on the patio of their tasting room in the Village with a glass or flight. If you’re lucky, it just might be game night too.
- The Verdad & Lindquist Family wine tasting room located in the Village features Lindquist Family Wines (by winemaker Bob Lindquist), Verdad Wines (by winemaker Louisa Sawyer Lindquist) and Sawyer Lindquist Wines (a collaboration by the husband/wife winemaker duo). Wines produced are biodynamic, organic and certified sustainable, including Albariño, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Tempranillo, Grenache, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Chardonnay, Rose, Viognier, Mourvedre, Marsanne, GSM, Graciano, and Carignan.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore popular wineries and tasting rooms! Ensure a seamless experience by scheduling most appointments in advance and view their websites ahead of time for hours, tasting fees, pet policies, group experiences and events.