Picture this: there’s a gentle coastal chill in the air, and you have a cup of locally brewed coffee or hot cocoa warming your hands as you embark on a quest to find the perfect holiday gifts for your nearest and dearest. Arroyo Grande offers a charming holiday shopping experience that you definitely won’t find online. With its idyllic small-town atmosphere, welcoming community and a plethora of delightful shops and experiences, our town is one of the most festive locations on the Central Coast to shop local this holiday season. In this holiday shopping guide, take an imaginary Santa’s sleigh ride stopping off at some of our most cherished shops. We’ll also share a few creative gift ideas and suggest some memorable experiences to fill your hearts with the holiday spirit.
Take Your Gift List to The Village
Start your shopping journey in The Village, the heart of Arroyo Grande. This neighborhood is lined with locally-owned boutiques, antique shops along with cozy cafes and restaurants. Explore our quaint streets, to find unique and handcrafted gifts that make for the perfect keepsakes.
- Monarch Books: Monarch Books is a bookworm’s paradise, with shelves stacked high with literary treasures to discover. This inviting store offers tons of gift ideas and is an escape into the world of books and knowledge.
- Apothecary Refill Station: For the eco-conscious folks on your gift list, Apothecary Refill Station is a must-visit, carrying a variety of sustainable products like bulk bath and body items and household cleaners. Pick up a refillable, customized gift basket for a friend who’s committed to reducing waste or host a holiday themed candle-making class with your crew.
- Neighbors General Store: Neighbors General Store is where to go to find an assortment of home decor and handy kitchen gadgets, along with other gifts and goods, like hand creams and beautiful art prints. Explore their shelves for host or hostess gifts, or something to make your own gatherings even more special.
- Lightning Joe’s Guitar Heaven: This family-owned and operated spot will put a jingle in your step! It’s an excellent place to shop for music lovers, with a wide selection of over 1,700 new, used and vintage guitars, music accessories and expert guidance.
- Brisco’s Village Gifts: Brisco’s Village Gifts is a haven for great stocking stuffers! Explore a selection of handmade candles and soaps, heartfelt cards and other trendy finds.
- Sports Dugout: For sports enthusiasts, this is your go-to shop, offering a wide range of sports memorabilia and fan gear for all the major teams. Any gift you find here will be a home run!
- Hello Village Mercantile: Have a blast finding the perfect goodies for your little ones or even grown-ups, from cute hats to mind-bending puzzles, stickers and fun games.
- Rhonda’s Relics: Uncover a one-of-a-kind vintage find at this eclectic antiques shop. Not only will you find sweet and sentimental gifts for your loved ones, take a step back in time to enjoy the memories of a simpler time while you shop.
- Branch Street Antiques: Another local favorite, Branch Street Antiques offers a diverse collection of vintage furniture, decor and collectibles. This vintage shop is paradise for those who appreciate the nostalgia of days gone by. Bring a smile to your giftee’s face with a present that’s a blast from the past.
Give the Gift of Being Present
- Tickets to an AG Experience: Looking for a gift for your artsiest friend or family member? Book tickets to an event at the Clark Center. This cultural hub hosts a variety of performances, from live theater to concerts, that capture the essence of the town’s artistic spirit.
- Crafty Workshops: Help your loved ones get in touch with their creative side by gifting them a crafty workshop at Neighbors General Store or Apothecary Refill Station. These hands-on experiences allow people to craft unique, personalized keepsakes, and they’re also an enjoyable way to spend time with friends and family during the holiday season.
- Cooking Class at Grandma Ingrid’s Kitchen: For the foodies and home chefs on your list, savor the seasons with a cooking class at Grandma Ingrid’s Kitchen. They’ll learn to prepare scrumptious dishes…and maybe even share their culinary creations.
Get in the Spirit with Fine Wine
- Wine Tasting Experiences: The Central Coast is known for its exceptional wines, and Arroyo Grande’s top the list! To add a touch of elegance to your holiday gift-giving, consider picking up a case of wine or two from our local wineries or tasting rooms. Vino enthusiasts will also appreciate the gift of sipping the rich flavors of the region and enjoying the beautiful landscape with wine tasting certificates. Many local wineries offer wine clubs and special events during the festive season.
- Talley Vineyards: Talley Vineyards offers a memorable wine experience and has fantastic estate wines, making for the perfect gift.
- Peacock Cellars: Known for its delish wines and quaint farmstead, Peacock Cellars is where you go to find unique home decor and wine-related gifts. Plus, browse their freshly baked goods, gifts and homemade jams.
- Laetitia Winery: Raise a glass to the holiday season with Laetitia’s sparkling wines, the perfect gift for celebrating with family and friends.
- Verdad & Lindquist Family Wines: Look for a blue Victorian house in The Village where you will find the newly opened tasting room by renowned Central Coast winemaker Bob Lindquist. Part tasting room and art gallery, taste wines, bring home a few bottles and shop the curated selection of original art on the walls.
Shopped ‘Til You Dropped? Stay With Us!
After a fulfilling day of checking your list twice at the shops in Arroyo Grande, why not extend your stay at one of our convenient hotels? Whether you choose Pismo View Inn for its scenic views, the ultra comfy Best Western Casa Grande, the boutique charm of the Agrarian Hotel, or any of the other lovely accommodations Arroyo Grande offers, find a place to relax after a day of shopping.
Arroyo Grande offers a magical holiday experience brimming with warmth and nostalgia! To save this season and to beat the weekend crowds, consider booking a mid-week stay. We’ll see you soon. Happy shopping!